- This event has passed.
Promoting the Importance of Human Relationships
March 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
TUESDAY 19 MARCH 2019 10AM to 4PM
The Prideaux Lecture Theatre, Prideaux Building, St Thomas’ Hospital,
St Thomas’ Campus, King’s College London, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH
A BASW event in association with Making Research Count which explores relationships in all aspects of social work practice. Featuring workshops by social workers and people that use services, on relationship-based practice in learning disability, social work practice with refugees and people experiencing poverty.
- Mark Trewin/Katie Weeks – Office of Lyn Romeo, Chief Social Worker for Adults
- Her Excellency Karen-Mae Hill – High Commissioner, Antigua and Barbuda
- Professor Gillian Ruch – University of Sussex
- Professor Gavin Davidson – Queens University Belfast
- Professor John Devaney – University of Edinburgh
The day will also see the formal launch of the Capabilities Statement and the CPD Pathway in social work with people with learning disabilities, which have been commissioned by the Department of Health and Social Care. This work is being led by BASW, with support from Research in Practice for Adults (RiPfA).
Celebrate WSWD with BASW’s photo campaign!
We are calling on social workers to capture this year’s theme of ‘Human Relationships’ with a photo – Share on twitter @BASW_UK #MyWSWDPic #WSWD2019
Prizes for best pic!
Visit www.BASW.co.uk/events to book online now