- This event has passed.
Next steps – workshop for experienced Independents
March 25 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
A workshop day aimed at experienced self-employed professionals who have operated a completely independent social work business for two years or more.
The BASW Next Steps workshop is a progression to the very popular Getting Started… and Keeping Going event. This programme is not geared towards agency workers.
This intentionally small workshop is bespoke to meet the expressed needs of the delegates who book to attend and designed specifically around information provided in advance. You design the programme.
In addition to making a brief presentation about your own business and receiving feedback from colleagues of similar background and experience you will have access to two individual clinic sessions with presenters alongside in-depth networking.
This workshop aims to:
- Explore professional and business needs for the experienced independent
- Offers a flexible, bespoke programme to incorporate issues and topics relevant to the delegates in attendance
- Expand your network of experienced independent social work professionals
Requested clinic topics may include:
- Tax planning including VAT
- Business growth, marketing & expanding services
- Risk management
- Liabilities surrounding employing staff or working with associates
- How to calculate fees
Delegate numbers are strictly limited for this event so book early to avoid disappointment