- Complete the PE register on the website – a short survey that opens up access to information for PEs (http://www.neswa.org.uk/neswa-practice-education-survey-2018/)
- Fill out the CPD survey for PEs – make sure the offer is what you want in the region (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MG8Z6RC)
- Let your employer know that you want a student – their offers are due in by the 29th June
- Resources – share a tool or article – something you have found useful with students then let us know about it – we plan to populate the PE section of the website with your great ideas. This month we are collecting useful things to teach theory. Just send in the link or a brief explanation of what you do and code it to the theory that it is explaining.
- Failing and Weak Students – if you have ever been in the situation of failing a student, then I want to hear from you. There are going to be two focus groups in the summer :
- 8th August (10-12:30 in Stockton) and 15th August in (10-12:30 in Gateshead) for PEs who have worked in the last few years with failing students. These groups will be part of the research to support the development of new guidance and support for PEs in this challenging process. If you can’t attend but want to contribute, please get in touch for a questionnaire about your experience.
- If you have piloted the new paperwork or want to comment on it, then Stephen Mordue wants to hear from you in order that the new regional documentation works for you when it goes live in autumn.
Helen Woolley – Regional Placement Coordinator (NESWA)
Please follow and share: